Wednesday 19 February 2014

Mars muffins

Today I would like to present the Mars muffins. I wanted to bake them some time ago but every time I bought Mars bars they were disappearing form cupboard. Finally I have baked them yesterday. I wasn't fully happy with result. The cake was a little bit dry and crumbly, and the places where Mars chunks were baked turned into empty holes :(. Honestly those muffins itself without addition would be much nicer. Anyway children really enjoyed them... maybe its me getting old :(. So ether it's me getting more demanding with age or with every muffin I bake I found my taste. Unfortunately they weren't my favourite.  The recipe comes form this website.
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
  • 300g flour
  • 110g sugar
  • 4 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 250ml milk
  • 125 ml oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Mars bars (30g each)
  • 50g chocolate for decoration
  • 1 Mars bar for decoration

 Preheat the oven to 200C. Line muffin tin with paper cases.

Into a big bowl sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda, cinnamon. Then add the sugar and salt. Whisk them together. 

In separate bowl whisk the egg, milk and oil. Pour the wet ingredients into a dry ones. Stir them until just moist.

Chop the Mars bars into small chunks (try as small as possible to avoid holes in baked cake). Gently fold into the batter the Mars chunks.

Spoon the batter into paper cases about 3/4 full. Bake 20 - 25 minutes until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.  Transfer to the wire rack to cool down.

Melt the chocolate and cut the Mars bar into small pieces. Drizzle the chocolate over each muffin top and decorate with Mars chunks.
Enjoy ! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment