Friday 19 July 2013

Very healthy muffins

This recipe comes from Muffin Tin Mania blog . When I saw those muffins I had to make them. As soon as I gathered all ingredients I started. Those muffins were extremely easy to prepare. They don't need to be bake. And the are very tasty. Crunch, chewy, sweet and full of goodness. We really enjoyed them. I think they are perfect snack.
Ingredients for 10 - 12 muffins:
  • 100g rolled oats
  • 50g rye flakes
  • 150g chopped, pitted dates (I used half figs half dates)
  • 60g shelled pistachios
  • 40g sunflower seeds
  • 50g raisins
  • 60g cashew nuts ( I used salted)
  • 30g cocoa nibs
  • 2 tbsp sesame seeds
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed (skipped)
  • 250 ml brown rice syrup
  • 60 ml almond butter

Place all dry ingredients into a food processor and process until slightly pulverised and mixed. Then add the brown syrup and almond butter and mix again until all ingredients clump together. 

Spoon the mixture into silicone muffin moulds. And press the with the back of the spoon. If the seeds stick to the spoon cover the spoon with thin layer of brown rice syrup. Try to smooth the surface.

Chill the muffins in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Then remove form moulds and wrap into parchment. 

 Store the muffins in the fridge.

 Enjoy !



No comments:

Post a Comment