Monday 12 September 2011

Cream cheese muffins with almonds, coconut and white chocolate

I have been experimenting recently and I created my own muffin recipe. I used my favourite ingredients and, have to say, muffins were not only edible but tasty as well. To be completely honest they were I little bit thick for me but my family like them very much and they disappeared immediately.

Ingredients for 12 muffins:
  • 270g cream cheese
  • 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
  • 5 tbsp cream
  • 2 egg whites
  • 7 tbsp sugar + some for dusting
  • 100g flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 100g white chocolate chopped
  • 145g grated almonds
  • 30g dessicated coconut + some for dusting
  • 75 ml buttermilk
Preheat the oven to 200C. Line muffin tin with paper cases.

Put cream cheese, cream, vanilla, egg whites sugar and whisk them together, set aside.
In separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, chocolate, almonds, coconut. Sift dry ingredients mixture into wet ingredients, add buttermilk and combine all ingredients together. Spoon the batter into muffin tin, sprinkle each muffin with pinch of sugar and coconut, bake for 30-35 min. Serve warm or cold. Be careful, when they warm it is difficult to remove them from paper cases.


No comments:

Post a Comment