Tuesday 27 September 2011

Cocoa muffins with bananas

Another ripe bananas in my fruit bowl but I am no going to waste them. There is another banana muffin recipe I would like to try. This time I used Nigella Lawson recipe published in 'Kitchen' cookbook.

Ingredients for 12-15 muffins:
  • 3 ripe bananas ( I had only two)
  • 125 ml canola oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 100g soft brown sugar (I had 30g brown sugar and 70g caster sugar)
  • 225g plain flour
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
One hungry tiny person was stealing muffins while I wanted to take picture
Preheat the oven to 200C. Line muffin tin with paper cases.

Sift the flour, soda, cocoa and sugar into big bowl and whisk them together. 
In separate bowl mash the bananas as much as possible. Then add oil and eggs and with a fork whisk them together. Pour this mixture into dry ingredients. Combine all ingredients together. 
Spoon the batter into paper cases. Bake for 15-20 min until well risen. You may cool the down on wire rack before eating ;) Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment