Tuesday 16 August 2011

Banana and chocolate muffins

There were 3 riped bananas in the fruit bowl. They were perfect for a cake, so I decided to bake banana muffins according 'Chocolate bakes' recipe. This recipe, as most of muffins recipes, was very easy to make. Muffins were  moisture, sweet  and I could not stop eating them, so I ask my husband to share with his workmates. I hope they do enjoy them now :) 
Ingredients for 14 muffins*:
  • 350g flour
  • 25g cocoa
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 100g caster sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 300 ml buttermilk (there is milk in original recipe)
  • 125g melted butter
  • 2 bananas, peeled and diced, plus 1 banana, peeled and sliced
  • 75g dark chocolate chips
  • icing sugar for dusting
* I used standard size muffin cases and baked 28 muffins, which was quite surprising for me
 Dice 2 bananas, slice 1 banana and set aside. Melt the butter.
Preheat the oven to 200C. Line muffin tin with paper cases.

In a big bowl sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, caster sugar, salt and chocolate chips and whisk them together.

In separate bowl whisk the eggs with buttermilk and butter. Pour this mixture into bowl with dry ingredients, add diced bananas. Fold all ingredients together until just combined. 
Spoon the batter into paper cases, place 1 banana (or more) slice on top of each muffin. Bake for 15-20 min  (check after 15 min) until risen. Cool down on wire rack, dust with icing sugar. Enjoy !
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi !

    Got a taste yesterday of the Muffin with Banana. I like the presentation and the texture. However, I felt that it was not sweet enough and maybe some essence could be added (ie. almond or orange or cinamon), just a thought. Thank you. Catherine

    ReplyDelete