Friday 17 June 2011

Ham, pineapple and tomato muffins

It is high time to bake savoury muffins. A few days ago I found on this web site interesting recipe. I gathered all ingredients and result you can see on pictures. Almost forget to mention that I changed original recipe a little.

Ingredients for 9 muffins:
  • 60g wholegrain flour
  • 95g plain flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 big tomato 
  • 110g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
  • 40g ham, chopped
  • 70g cheese, grated
  • 1 egg
  • 100ml milk
  • 60ml olive oil*
*olive oil has very strong flavour, for me it was too strong for this type of muffins. In my opinion olive oil taste better in  sun dried tomato muffins. Next time I will be making those I will swap olive oil with sunflower oil for sure.


Preheat oven to 200C. Grease muffin tin holes.

Sift the flours, sugar, baking powder in one bowl. Wash tomato, remove seeds and chop, put into dry ingredients mixture. Chop the pineapple and add to the mixture. Dice ham and add to the mixture. At last add grated cheese. Combine all ingredients.
In measuring jug with a fork mix together the egg, milk and olive oil. Pour this mixture into dry ingredients. Combine all ingredients. Spoon the batter into muffin tin holes. Bake for 20-25 min. Cool muffins down on wire rack.
Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment